Conrad's Fate

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Fri Aug 6 16:29:01 EDT 2004

Gili Bar-Hillel wrote:
>So you've got the strings, Minnow. Can't you pull them for us and arrange
>that "loyal fans" who are "influential in literary circles" get advance
>proofs of the book as well? I promise, word of honor, that I'll also buy it
>when it comes out. Chances are I'll buy more than one copy. C'mon.... pleez
>pleez purleeeeez with flowers on top?
>(joking of course)

I wish.  If I could have done, you think I wouldn't have kept the copy I
read, instead of giving it back to be sent off somewhere for use? I'm
waiting for next February to buy the printed book same as everyone else
now, with only a joyful memory of twenty-four hours' loan to keep me
going.

:-(

Minnow