Conrad's Fate

Gili Bar-Hillel gbhillel at netvision.net.il
Fri Aug 6 02:41:06 EDT 2004

So you've got the strings, Minnow. Can't you pull them for us and arrange
that "loyal fans" who are "influential in literary circles" get advance
proofs of the book as well? I promise, word of honor, that I'll also buy it
when it comes out. Chances are I'll buy more than one copy. C'mon.... pleez
pleez purleeeeez with flowers on top?
(joking of course)

This reminds me of back when I was working for Keter publishing, which is
the company that published "Charmed Life" and "Lives of Christopher Chant"
in Hebrew. We got a big crate of books from one of the big literary agencies
in Israel, and the shipping bill listed an advance copy of "Merlin
Conspiracy", several months before it was due out in the shops. I have never
ripped through a box of books faster than I ripped through that one. But,
alas, no "Merlin Conspiracy". It was naught but a cruel clerical error.

Gili