Lenina

Devra at aol.com Devra at aol.com
Thu Aug 5 16:36:20 EDT 2004

In a message dated 8/5/2004 6:53:02 AM Eastern Standard Time,
owner-dwj-digest at suberic.net writes:

> when she went back to Ganner and seemed to be more
> >interested
> >in her new man than her own children, whatever her motivations.

And yet that is what you sometimes see, when a woman remarries, or even just
gets a new boyfriend, that she will quite cheerfully sacrifice her older
children to the whims/wishes/needs of this new male--even going so far, sometimes,
as to connive at his using her daughters sexually.  It more and more sounds as
though she was trying to cut away all the associations with Clennan.

By the way, I'm off to the Pennsic War on Sat, so won't be around for the
next three weeks.
     Devra

Devra Langsam
www.poisonpenpress.com