Servitude (was: Lenina)

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Aug 5 11:40:55 EDT 2004

> The theme of servitude, voluntary or otherwise, seems to run as a thread
> throughout at least half of DWJ's stories. Not always up front and center stage,
> perhaps, but it's deffinitely there. Or it's there as an alternate
> interpretation if one only chooses to apply it.

The most 'mythic' example of servitude to honor I can think of is the
ending to Homeward Bounders. But I'm wondering... aren't there some
places where DWJ turns that sort of self-sacrifice on its head? For
instance, in her adult novels like Deep Secret?

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"I don't want to claim that God is on our side. As Abraham Lincoln told
us, I want to pray humbly that we are on God's side." - John Kerry