Fun quiz

Anna Clare McDuff amcduff at math.sunysb.edu
Fri Apr 30 18:46:03 EDT 2004

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004, Gili Bar-Hillel wrote:

> The multiple-choice type quiz has a trickier algorithm, probably, because
> some of the answers I assume would cancel each other out. But I could think
> of some DWJish questions for this, too, such as:
>
> Describe your relationship with your mother:
> - she's domineering and indifferent
> - she's a bit scatterbrained and doesn't always understand me, but I love
> her
> - she's dead
>

> And the one you gave is actually a good one, but needs more options:
>
> >When you are called on unexpectedly, are you likely to be wearing:
> >- t-shirt and jeans
> >- business suit
> >- brocade dressing-gown
>
> add:
> > dress with petticoats and high-topped boots
> > something dashing, if it hasn't suddenly expanded or discolored
> unexpectedly
>
> ooh, and one of those things Vivian had to wear in Time City, or a Dorig
> swimming costume, or a woven tunic...

	How about:

	Travel between worlds is:

	-A fun way to pass the time
	-Nigh-on impossible
	-All in a day's work
	-Neverending

Or:

	Which of your relatives has tried to kill you?

	Too sleepy just now to figure out answers to that, but I think it
has possibilities...

> Once again, however, I fear the true starting point is picking out the
> characters you'd like to give as options, and then backtracking from there.

	Well, if anyone's counting, I vote for Chrestomanci, Millie, Cat,
Gwendolen, Howl, Nick, Maree, Rupert, Zillah, Derk, Jamie, all of both of
Howard's families from Archer's Goon...

	Anna (very sleepy now :-)