desert island question

Allison Marles apm at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Apr 27 15:11:43 EDT 2004

On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 10:04:52AM +1200, Elizabeth Evans wrote:
> Hello erudite DWJers
> I passed the query on to my sister who is a devoted DWJ and fantasy reader.
> She questioned whether kindergarten age children would be ready for DWJ but
> made some alternative suggestions:

I wonder if the books are those that kindergarten age are supposed to
be able to read to themselves or appropriate to be read to the kids.

Roald Dahl's The Witches would probably be good either way.

Most DWJ would probably be best read to someone that young.  I had
The Ogre Downstairs read to me by my older sister when I was about 7 or
8 and I loved it.   I was always reading well-ahead of the norm for my
age, so I probably could have read it to myself by that age. I can't
remember what sorts of things I read at that age because I can't
really remember now exactly when I first read things as I re-read books I
own a zillion times.

 Allison