desert island question

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Tue Apr 27 09:32:35 EDT 2004

Thinking of younger books, I'd definitely include the Finn Family
Moomintroll, which I loved, my kids loved, etc, etc.  And possibly The
Phantom Tollbooth, as long as you can take the puns. :)

For picture books, I remember somebody mentioning Rosemary Wells here a
long time ago, and my replying that something about her humour reminded
me a lot of DWJ's, though I can't quite remember what the connection was
now.  Really fun, original books though, and often with that different
is ok message we all need to hear sometimes (at 5 or 45).

Welcome to Judith, whom I've only seen from deep lurkdom on another list!

Hallie.