desert island question

Judith Ridge Judith.Ridge at det.nsw.edu.au
Mon Apr 26 20:23:01 EDT 2004

Hello,

I thought I'd better start by introducing myself! I'm Judith Ridge from
Sydney Australia. I am an editor on a children's literary magazine, I teach
a class at the University of Sydney in writing for children and I am
finishing my own MA in children's lit. I've been reviewing and writing about
children's and YA books for over ten years. Charlie Butler tells me he
posted the URL of my interview with Diana on this group a while ago. (My
website is at www.misrule.com.au but as I've been in the US for a month
speaking about Australian children's books I haven't updated it for a
while.)

I was on the DWJ group a few years ago but dropped off for reasons not
remembered. I thought I'd sign back up and see what's being discussed these
days.

I'd like to respond to Robyn's request for books suitable for a children's
lit. course designed for students of early childhood. Before I do, Robyn, I
don't know where you're from, so I don't know whether or not the books I
might like to suggest would be available to you.

Cheers,

Judith

Judith Ridge
Editorial Staff