desert island question

Elizabeth Evans er.evans at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Apr 26 18:04:52 EDT 2004

Hello erudite DWJers
I passed the query on to my sister who is a devoted DWJ and fantasy reader.
She questioned whether kindergarten age children would be ready for DWJ but
made some alternative suggestions:

The earliest fantasy I could think of would be Jill Murphy (Worst Witch
etc), possibly Nigel Hinton's Beaver Towers, Lloyd Alexander's The Black
Cauldron series, and I would still expect those to be too old.  I would
think that only
child geniiiiiii would read WW at that age.
Picture books - My Grandmother is an Alien by Babette Cole

Regards
Elizabeth.