desert island question

Elizabeth Evans er.evans at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Apr 26 16:47:14 EDT 2004

I just read an article on Joy Cowley (author of about 600 books, mainly
picture books, including 'Mrs Wishy Washy' and 'The fierce Little Woman and
the Wicked Pirate') who talking of her early reading problems, largely due
to an itinerant childhood, recalls the sense of release she discovered on
reading 'The Story of Ping'.
Regards
Elizabeth.