desert island question

Robyn Starkey rohina at shaw.ca
Mon Apr 26 13:05:15 EDT 2004

>Depending on the scope of the class, it may be as appropriate to cover YA
>as books for younger children -- YA belongs in the broader category of
>"children's literature" insofar as it's a genre ignored by critics of
>"adult's" literature, and many books straddle the border -- particularly
>in fantasy.

Just to clarify -- the students in the class are all doing Early Childhood
Studies; that is, they will be nannies and daycare workers and kindergarten
teachers. So, unfortunately, I have to rule out YA books and have more of a
focus on books for younger readers. I am even thinking about maybe having
one class on baby books.

Robyn