desert island question

Robyn Starkey rohina at shaw.ca
Fri Apr 23 20:19:12 EDT 2004

Hi all you erudite dwjers,

I just found out I will be teaching a children's lit course in the fall.
So, as part of my prep, and a bit of fun, I thought I would ask for
nominations. Naturally, my course is going to have a bit of a fantasy
focus. My students are mostly in the early childhood ed program, so the
course has an emphasis on literature for younger children. You are invited
to nominate texts for the syllabus. Picture books as well as chapter books
are available options.

My question is, what book(s) would you most like to study? Or, if you like,
which ones should I be teaching? The current dwj frontrunner is Witch Week,
because it is sooooooo cool to compare it with Harry Potter.

Robyn