slightly Ot: fairy tales

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Tue Sep 30 17:17:58 EDT 2003

Deborah wrote about McKinley's *The Outlaws of Sherwood*

>She can feel that way if she'd like.  ;)  I think it holds up to many
>rereadings better than much of her so-called better work, because the
>narrative voice isn't as emotionally invested in the heroine, in the
>wish fulfillment sense.  With much McKinley, I eventually get the
>feeling that I'm reading a very well-written daydream; Outlaws doesn't
>vibe that way to me.

So you already have a copy and don't need mine....  Drat.  Well, with a
recommendation like that, does anyone else want it?  I hate to get rid of
books to unknown homes if there may be somewhere they'll be loved and
looked after, such as the shelves of those on this list are likely to be!

>"I assume that some great catastrophe has occured that would
>require us to sit upon a weeping lady?"
>        -- Loveday the butler, _Lady Dangerous_

Sometimes your sigs are intensely frustrating, you know.  Had one?
Enquiring minds wish to know.

Minnow