OT Bujold

Mon Sep 29 14:10:56 EDT 2003

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 12:46:54 -0500, Ian W. Riddell wrote:

>That's a fabulous list of books for your reading group. All are
>favorites of mine!
>
>Though I can't comprehend how anyone could consider _Sailing to
>Sarantium_ and _Lord of Emperors_ to be "less adult" that anything!

I don't know this woman well.  She's very...stiff...most of the time.  I
think she has a selective memory and a disdain for young adult fiction, so
she didn't remember anything but the books that were just too juvenile for
her taste.  :)  But yes, that was a strange comment.

The reading group has been running for many years now, long before I joined
three years ago.  In July I was sent a complete list of everything they've
read to date and it's very interesting.  Lots of Nebula nominees, of course,
but also a lot of books I would never have chosen myself because they are
not all that great, and some that I wouldn't have picked up but I'm glad I
did.  Overall it's been a good experience.

Melissa Proffitt