OT Bujold

Mon Sep 29 13:27:53 EDT 2003

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 18:24:25 -0600, Robyn Starkey wrote:

>>To my great delight I stumbled over Paladin of Souls yesterday. I was
>>really on my way to order it, since I didn't think that it was due out
>>until sometime in October. Instead it was already released and it has
>>somehow moved to the very top of my to-read-pile.
>
>Lucky Duck. Now, be quiet until we all get copies.

Mine showed up five minutes ago.  Ahahahaha.  (That's a dry and mirthless
laugh, in case you were wondering.)

Not that I get to read it any time soon; I have a Horrible Novel to read for
my reading group in October, and if I don't have some kind of carrot
dangling, I'll never get to it.

Latest reading group anecdote: One of the newer members said of _Diplomatic
Immunity_ that she liked it because it was the "most adult" of the books
we've read so far (since she's joined).  Said books including things like
_The Dollmage_, _Holes_, and _The Eyre Affair_, not to mention Kay's
_Sailing to Sarantium_ and _Lord of Emperors_....

Melissa Proffitt