slightly Ot: fairy tales

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Mon Sep 29 10:50:29 EDT 2003

Ulrika wrote:

>[Robin McKinley] has also written a Robin Hood book, and there are lots
>and lots of those around. Not sure if that story is really a fairy tale,
>though.

If anyone wants a copy of this [*The Outlaws of Sherwood*] let me know pdq,
because it is sitting just inside the front door on the way to the charity
shop at the moment.  You can have it for the price of the postage; it's a
Macdonald hardback. with dustjacket, 1989, read once only.  Send an
address....

As I understand it, the author doesn't feel that it is among her finest
work; I tend to agree with her, if that information is correct.

Minnow