OT : Names

Anita Graham amgraham at cygnus.uwa.edu.au
Mon Sep 29 09:18:01 EDT 2003

We're probably wandering a bit too far OT, but I know that some people
stick by the rules Sally cites (basically a "y" version) being female,
except for Kym. I have always thought they were fairly artificial rules
though, and I've known female Robins (and I'd never call a child Robyn
simply because of being female, if the name I liked was Robin), Leslies
and my female GP is Kym. But many Kims seem to be Kimberleys anyway.

Anita