OT : Names

Laurie Puszczewicz lpuszcze at indiana.edu
Sun Sep 28 18:04:41 EDT 2003

SallyO wrote, replying to me:
Most
> of our family's name are very gender-obvious, as a result.
>
> Laurie

Um - your name isn't!

Sallyo.

Aside from Laurie in _Little Women_, every single Laurie (or Lori, which
to my mind is the *wrong* spelling, although seemingly the default one
here in the US anyway) I've ever encountered was female.  Is it different
outside the US?  It surprised me a bit to have you say my name isn't
gender-obvious. Do others see "Laurie" that way?
Curious now,
Laurie