Ooh! Ooh! (was: Re: OT Bujold)

Fri Sep 26 12:44:05 EDT 2003

(That subject line probably should be "Ook! Ook!" har har har.)

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 16:46:09 +0200, Ulrika wrote:

>To my great delight I stumbled over Paladin of Souls yesterday. I was really on my way to order it, since I didn't think that it was due out until sometime in October. Instead it was already released and it has somehow moved to the very top of my to-read-pile.

Yeah, I was at my reading group Wednesday saying "oh, it's going to be
October, I don't actually have a shipping date yet" and then the next day
there was the message that they'd sent it.

But what I'm *really* excited about is that Terry Pratchett's new book is
coming out VERY SOON and I wasn't expecting it until November.  Whee!

(Amazon.uk: October 1.  Amazon.com: September 30.  Something's wrong here.)

We also spent a large amount of money on more books yesterday:  Neal
Stephenson's _Quicksilver_; both the new Brust books; Martha Wells's _The
Wizard Hunters_ which I've already read, but it made me happy to be a reader
and Jacob loved it, so we got it; and Neil Gaiman's new Sandman book, which
is technically a gift for someone else, but I'm paying for it so I plan to
read it before I give it away.  Book collectors really should not marry each
other if they want to save anything for retirement.

And I've spent enough time avoiding responsibilities, so I'm off now.
Really.

Melissa Proffitt