Woefully OT (was Re: DVD regions)

Bettina Bubach liril at gmx.net
Thu Sep 25 03:58:37 EDT 2003

As I don't have much time I can't follow this discussion fully, forgive me
if I say somethings that's already been said.
Just my experiences:
I live in Germany (region 2, pal)
I have a region free dvd-player and a reasonably new tv.
My dvd player plays region 1 and 2 (as it should), my tv can switch from pal
to nstc, so I can watch the dvd and also US-videos (with a normal video
recorder :-) All newer tvs (in Germany - so I think that's true for Europe) can
show nstc videos (and dvds).

New complication: Enhanced Region Coding
 if interested see http://www.dvdtalk.com/rce.html

amazon.com links to this site, probably in order not to dissapoint european
customers.

Bettina
(my first region one dvd was the muppets show with Gene Kelly - not yet
released in Europe...)