Names

Wed Sep 24 17:54:57 EDT 2003

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 13:22:29 -0700 (PDT), Jon Noble wrote:

>--- minnow at belfry.org.uk wrote:

>> Come to think of it Lindsey or Lindsay used to be a
>> boys' name too.

There's a Lindsey (male) in my church.  He's middle-aged, though.  I don't
think anyone could get away with that right now.

>and John:

>We have four Jades in the school, two boys and two
>girls, with one of each also sharing the same last
>name (but not related) which can be very confusing.

I knew a guy in high school whose name was Jayd.  He was in drama.  Wonder
why.  :)

I always used to say that I despised these gender-ambiguous names and that I
would never do that to my kids.  Then I had a little girl we named Aerin.
How we do grow soft in our old age....

Melissa Proffitt