Woefully OT (was Re: DVD regions)

Wed Sep 24 17:48:46 EDT 2003

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 11:06:56 +0100, Rowland, Jennifer A B wrote:

>(I have a small puzzle about a minor thing, if anyone more familiar with
>anime than me has seen it and might be able to explain something. It didn't
>spoil my enjoyment, it's just something that I thought of since)
>Jennifer

>Why did No-Face want to give her things? Was it just for letting it in, or
>was it attracted to her for some other reason- given that it seemed to be
>paying her attention on the bridge before she let it in?

It appears that this is how the Noh-Face monster (Noh being the type of mask
it wore, associated with the theater form of the same name) got victims.
She wasn't the only one it offered stuff to, beginning with the little
froggy guy it devoured first.  I think it was bait.  And she was the only
person it met who had absolutely no interest in anything it had to give.

Melissa Proffitt