Woefully OT (was Re: DVD regions)

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Sep 24 06:06:56 EDT 2003

Ulrika wrote:
> I saw Spirited Away just now .. um.. one hour ago in fact. It
> was really, really good and I can't wait to see what they
> will do with Howl.

Yes, I saw it at the weekend- at our local cinema, I hadn't realised it was
scarce. I suppose our local cinema *is* in London.
It was really charming. The heroine is a good one, and I loved the details,
the place she spends most of the film, the people she meets. Very cool to
see a different fantasy ecosystem to the Euro-American Fantasylands I read
most of.
(I have a small puzzle about a minor thing, if anyone more familiar with
anime than me has seen it and might be able to explain something. It didn't
spoil my enjoyment, it's just something that I thought of since)
Jennifer

Why did No-Face want to give her things? Was it just for letting it in, or
was it attracted to her for some other reason- given that it seemed to be
paying her attention on the bridge before she let it in?