Archer tape

Tue Sep 23 13:37:28 EDT 2003

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 12:57:56 EDT, JOdel at aol.com wrote:

><< In fact, if you could make two copies, then I could try to lend it around
>while having a safe copy of my own.  >>
>
>So long as we're bootlegging, does anyone have a computer setup that could
>import the tape, convert it to the necessary format and burn it on a DVD? (In
>both? all three? of the standard formats?) Final Cut Express and Adobe Premiere
>could probably both handle it, although something higher-end *might* be
>necessary. FCE at least is optimised for digital video, but once it is in the
>computer it *is* digital.

Ask Jacob.  It's his new favorite project.  My job is making labels and
jewel case inserts.  But the quality of the finished product will depend on
a lot of different factors, not the least of which would be the tape
quality.  (Actually, we had a lot of success converting directly from
videotape, so it might work.)

Melissa Proffitt