Archer tape

Susanna E. Leng 98 Susanna.E.Leng.98 at Alum.Dartmouth.ORG
Tue Sep 23 13:39:05 EDT 2003

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 12:57:56 EDT dwj at suberic.net wrote:

> << In fact, if you could make two copies, then I could
> try to lend it around  while having a safe copy of my
> > > own.
>
> So long as we're bootlegging, does anyone have a computer
> setup that could  import the tape, convert it to the
> necessary format and burn it on a DVD? (In  both? all
> three? of the standard formats?) Final Cut Express and
> Adobe Premiere  could probably both handle it, although
> something higher-end *might* be  necessary. FCE at least
> is optimised for digital video, but once it is in the
> computer it *is* digital.

(Willing to delurk for once to be helpful)

Although I cannot say on open email that I condone bootlegging, I am
happy to transfer someone's copy from VHS to DVD for them.  ;)

I have all access to all this at work...  I haven't tried it yet, but I know a
coworker has done it.  I have access to all the software as well as a deck
for importing.
I would be happy to volunteer for this;  I'm also pretty sure that FCP
allows you to burn region-free DVDs, and with a bit of research I can
figure out the best formatting for them as well.

Susanna