Woefully OT (was Re: DVD regions)

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Mon Sep 22 15:46:18 EDT 2003

Roger gave us a lot of information about DVDs and regions and stuff, ending

>This is now getting exceptionally off-topic even for me, so I'll shut
>up.

It may all end up being highly relevant when the Studio Ghibli release
*Howl's Moving Castle* in very small quantities and an obscure format, or
something, and we all have to try to make sense of such stuff in order to
watch it.

There are apparently only 50 prints of *Spirited Away* in the UK, where
it's meant to be "on general release"; that seems a very small number for a
film by an Oscar-winner, which is getting five stars from many of the
critics, and which is being hailed as top in many papers' lists of new
films.  Small studio, small distribution; we may badly need that
information, Roger!  thank you.

Minnow