SWEN worm

Charles Butler hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk
Mon Sep 22 04:44:02 EDT 2003

I'm sure everyone on this list already knows and is too savvy to get caught
anyway, but I've received emails with attachments containing the SWEN worm
on both my home and work email accounts within the last 24 hours, so there's
obviously a lot of it about at the moment. And if you blearily forget that
Microsoft never send updates via email it does have a convincingly
'official' look to it, so it's relatively easy to get caught.  The details
are here (and about a million other places on the web):

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/technology/articles/svenwormgrafix_091903.htm

Charlie