Names (was Re: Help wanted: arthurian novels)

Ding, Kylie (KAM.RIC) Kylie.Ding at us.kline.com
Mon Sep 22 03:21:26 EDT 2003

I don't know where my name ranks in popularity for 1971, but it was around then that Kylie started to get popular.  I only know of two Kylies from around that time that are older than me, and one is Minogue (not that I actually _know_ her) and the other one used to sit next to me in class, which confused the teachers.

It's been a bit of a pain having a name that is not only popular in my generation, but very Australian.

If I ever get around to having kids I will be trying to go for the unusual but not outlandish.  Maybe using DWJ as an inspiration.  Tanaqui is a rather nice name...

Kylie