Help wanted: arthurian novels

Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 22 03:15:43 EDT 2003

--- Robyn Starkey <rohina at shaw.ca> wrote:
> Wow, thanks for the list.
>
> >Quite a long list there, it should be noted that it
> >makes no pretense at being complete, subject
> >cataloging for fiction is fairly recent so any
> title
> >cataloged more than ten years ago is probably not
> in
> >the list, and it it only covers books that are in
> >school libraries in Australia and New Zealand. Some
> of
> >the titles are only marginally Arthurian.
>
> The more pressing question, which of them are any
> good?

I have only read a few of them, and think that White
and Mallory stand so far above the others that they
are insignificant in comparison (apart from the Monty
Python version). I listed them all for the sake of
completeness and in the hope of jogging other's
memories. There were a few there that suprised me, and
many I'd never heard of. I doubt if I've read more
than a tenth of the books listed (which must by now
number over 200)

Jon