BBC programs, was DVD regions

Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 22 03:11:04 EDT 2003

--- f.haggart at btinternet.com wrote:
> > The BBC have a humungous searchable catalogue,
> Archer's Goon was not in it
> > last time I tried searching. Someone on this
> mailing list started
> > circulating a video recording of this series
> between various members, about
> > 3 years ago, but it got lost before it reached all
> the interested viewers. A
> > sort of mail jinx, I suppose, or perhaps it was
> taken by Archer in lieu of
> > words...
>

> I have it on tape and copied it out a few times
> around about the time you mention. I could do that
> again if people are interested but you'd have to
> bear in mind that the tape is pretty old now so it'd
> be pot luck as to quality

With any luck Archer's Goon is included in the
material promised in this announcment;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/3177479.stm

which is an announcment by BBC Director Greg Dyke that
in future people will be able to download BBC radio
and TV programs from the Internet free of charge. They
will be making their complete archive available. For
Sutcliff fans I think they also did "Eagle of the
Ninth" once. (and many other things I'd love to see
again)

Jon