Help wanted: arthurian novels

Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 21 06:47:17 EDT 2003

--- jenne at fiedlerfamily.net wrote:

> > Parke Godwin has written a trilogy, two books of
> which
> > are Arthurian, and essentially non-fantasy (iirc)
> > "Firelord" and "Beloved Exile" the latter is a
> "what
> > happened after" book about Guinevere. There other
> book
> > in the trilogy is about St Patrick and called "The
> > last rainbow". He has also edited a collection
> called
> > "invitation to Camelot".
>
> Thank you, Jon! This was the series I was trying to
> remember. I would
> still call them fantasy, but I loved Beloved Exile.
>

>From memory the Patrick book was the one with the most
fantasy elements, while the Guinevere book had hardly
any, but I too classify the series as fantasy, and
recomend them.

> Parke Godwin also wrote 2 books about Robin Hood,
> I've only read the 2nd,
> which was way too darkly realistic for me. (I'm a
> wimp and prefer _The
> Outlaws of Sherwood_)

I've only read the first, which was ....interesting. I
picked up a copy of the second a couple of years ago
but haven't got around to reading it yet, and as my
"must read" pile is growing rather than shrinking
despite my best efforts, it is unlikely to be read
soon.

Jon