DVD regions

Charles Butler hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk
Sat Sep 20 04:38:06 EDT 2003

> On Fri, 19 Sep 2003, Anita Graham wrote:
> |It makes one wonder why they bothered with the multi-region stuff in the
> |first place!

I'm not sure either. I don't have a DVD player, but I have heard that the
content of the DVDs varies significantly region to region, at least in terms
of the extras you get - bits about the making of the film, interviews with
actors, out-takes, etc. There seems - at least from the complaints I've
heard on this side of the pond - to be much more of this kind of thing put
into US releases than in ones destined for the UK at least. Why studios
should go to all that trouble to release an inferior product here, I
couldn't say - if indeed it's true.

Charlie