Help wanted: arthurian novels

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Fri Sep 19 10:25:35 EDT 2003

> No comment on most of them, but I was happy to see "The Stolen Lake" by
> Joan Aiken in there. This is part of the Dido series which begins,
> without Dido, with "The Wolves of Willoughby Chase" and continues on. I
> know that many Dido fans don't like "The Stolen Lake" but I do. I think
> it's the fantastical invention of the whole plot that tickles my fancy.

Most of the plots of the Joan Aiken are a combination of fantasy and
alternative history... I read her stuff just for that.

Of course, there's _Armitage, Armitage, fly away home_ which is very
DWJ-like in some of its tones and I don't think there's anything King
Arthur like in it... but just the idea of the wishing stone making
something unusual happen on Tuesdays, but not just Tuesdays and not every
Tuesday...

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
 "in verbis et in herbis, et in lapidibus sunt virtutes"
(In words, and in plants, and in stones, there is power.)