Help wanted: arthurian novels

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Sep 19 05:32:50 EDT 2003

Grailblazers, by Tom Holt; a (rather annoying) grail knight was put into an
enchanted sleep and has finally awoken, to find that the rest of the order
has been seduced into a comfortable 20th century life, but a large
corporation is threatening to bring about fiscal Armageddon... I read this
quite a while ago but it was fun.

The Joan Aiken one in the list from Jon, The Stolen Lake, is a Dido Twite
book. She is shanghaied to South America and caught up in Guenevere's
struggle to finally awaken Arthur. Guenevere has resorted to some nasty
stuff in order to live so long. I read this straight after Black Hearts in
Battersea and found it a bit disconcerting, I was expecting a
plucky-child-detective story, not fantasy. [*] I think it was as good as
Aiken's others, but it was annoying me because of the mode change so I'm not
sure.

Jennifer
* I know all that series are alternate-history and have improbable things
like guns firing across the Atlantic, but this one suddenly introduced overt
magic.
--
Book Collecting - "The One Who Dies With The Most Books Wins"
(Pat McMurray in _Obsessions #3_)