Help wanted: arthurian novels

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Thu Sep 18 16:38:03 EDT 2003

Rosemary Sutcliff, both *A Sword At Sunset* for the "this is how it might
have really been, no magic at all involved, no, honest" thing, and for a
more traditional with-magic retelling, *The Light Beyond the Forest*, *The
Sword and the Circle* and *The Road to Camlann*.

Peripheral to the central Arthurian canon, she also did a *Tristan and Iseult*.

If you want a seriously different retelling of T&I, there's a book called
*The Dark Twin*, but I can't find my copy and can't remember the author's
name.  I *think* it's (?Naomi??) Campbell but am by no means certain --
someone on the list is sure to know!

Minnow