slightly OT: Children's and YA Lit

Ian W. Riddell iwriddell at charter.net
Thu Sep 18 10:09:01 EDT 2003

I agree with Charlie that is a great list.

"Frindle" is by Andrew Clements. I'd also recommend his "The Landry
News". He started losing me with "The School Story".

I can't leave off without recommending Louis Sachar's "Holes", which
won the Newbery award a few years back. Fantastic book! One of my
all-time favorites. Funny, witty, suspenseful, touching.

widdy