Mister Monday

Abe Gross argross at bigpond.net.au
Sat Sep 13 07:30:54 EDT 2003

Charles wrote:

> The UK edition doesn't come out till January, but I'm looking forward to
> reading it and will watch out for US/UK/Ozisms.

I've been skimming over what I've read so far (I'm about half-way through)
and have now found several examples of both American and Australian English
or culture. A bit confusing, as Kylie pointed out.

>Just checked out the cover
> of the Scholastic edition on Amazon though - and doesn't it look like
Harry
> Potter standing on top of a Golden Compass!

I've just looked up that cover and amazon.com, and I agree with those
impressions! The Allen and Unwin cover is a lot less atmospheric and
interesting.

Ros