Mulitple Messages

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Fri Sep 12 06:52:42 EDT 2003

>I have the same problem as Charlie.
>My mail porgram says the messages are html, and it's not displaying them
>fully (only plain text). Also each repeated message seems to be a bit bigger.

I got five of each post, identical as far as I could tell -- very
disappointing when I first looked, I thought "Wow! 20 posts in one day!"
and then realised it was only four really -- and the first set of quins,
Ros's, said

at each top, which is quite usual when posts arrive here.  I can't be doing
with 25k posts that are actually about four lines of message and the rest
all HTML instructions my machine doesn't do anything with, and would be
coloured and in many fonts and possibly make tea for me if I had a setup
that read all this stuff.  I don't drink tea, after all; and that ration is
'way too much noise-to-signal.  So I asked someone to write something for
me that would strip the stuff off before it gets here, and it does, and
then I don't feel fed up with each HTML post and inclined to bite the
sender for wasting so much of my phone-bill.

OTOH, Charlie's batch too said

and that's not usual, because he has his system set to send plain text as a
rule.

Yet Bettina's didn't.

If this does when it gets back to me, I shall *know* that there is
something strange going on quite apart from the duplication -- should that
be quintuplication? -- because this system wots not of such.

Minnow