Dr Seuss's ideas

Charles Butler hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk
Mon Sep 1 11:20:31 EDT 2003

I think a while ago we were talking about the little shops where authors
claim to get their ideas when asked that inevitable question. Here's another
for the collection, from a 1982 interview with Dr Seuss:

"I get all my ideas in Switzerland near the Forka Pass. There is a little
town called Gletch, and two thousand feet up above Gletch there is a smaller
hamlet called Uber Gletch. I go there on the fourth of August every summer
to get my cuckoo clock repaired. While the cuckoo is in the hospital, I
wander around and talk tothe people in the streets. They are very strange
people, and I get my ideas from them."

Charlie.

"Run mad as often as you chuse, but do not faint!"