Reading aloud (was Pooh!)

Kathleen Jennings s368333 at student.uq.edu.au
Wed Oct 22 08:46:25 EDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "deborah" <deborah at suberic.net>
> This is *so* cool.
>
> -deborah
> --

I am increasingly becoming convinced I had an idyllic childhood :-) Despite,
well you know, no tv, erratic power, droughts, wood-stoves, outdoor toilets
etc.
> There were green alligators, and long necked geese
> Humpty-backed camels and chimpanzees
> Cats and rats and elephants, but Lord, I'm so forlorn
> I just can't find no unicorn. -- Shel Silverstein
I grew up on this song, as sung by the Irish Rovers. My father used to sing
it to us, too. The Irish Rovers came to Brisbane a few months ago and I
went. 500 senior citizens singing "Drunken Sailor", and me. It was such a
great night. I was born 30 years  too late for my musical tastes.

Kathleen.