A Fire & Hemlock Moment...

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Fri Oct 31 14:22:42 EST 2003

First, I have to explain what a removal is.  Most of you are probably
thinking about moving house.  Nope.  In this country, the removal is an
important part of the funerary rites.  The night before the funeral, the
body is removed from the hospital or undertakers or wherever to the church
in which the funeral will be held.  There is a very brief (about 10 or 15
minutes) service and then everyone goes to the chief mourners' house.  The
closest equivalent that the American part of the list would be familiar with
would be the viewing.  (I don't know about the other nationalities.)

Okay, explanation over...

Waiting for the bus this evening, there was a removal in the church across
the road from the bus stop.  "What kind of people choose to have their
removal on Halloween?"

:-)

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray
israfel at eircom.net

"[My rule] for keeping my temper in order, is never to leave it too long
with another person."
- Horace Walpole