Suggestions for a text

deborah deborah at suberic.net
Tue Oct 21 13:27:39 EDT 2003

Ooh, I like that suggestion.  I love Aiken (who suggested Aiken), too,
but her invented words may make her inappropriate for an ESL class.

Toning the Sweep is short and excellent (Angela Johnson).  Dicey's Song
is probably too long.  You could give yourself an extra challenge and
pick a not-quite-prose book like Make Lemonade, Out of the Dust, or
Carver.

-deborah
--
Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?  Hot as hell.

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003, Charles Butler wrote:

|I've always found students react very well to Margaret Mahy's 'The
|Changeover', and it's a pleasure to teach - sophisticated and allusive but
|not in a snotty way, a very generous book as well as an unputdownable one.
|
|Charlie

|--