Memory and Cooper

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Oct 20 09:17:48 EDT 2003

> >When I first read in the Writer's Autobiography series that Susan Cooper
> >was an atheist, at first I was really surprised.
>
> I am totally shocked. What's she doing quoting arch-pagan Robert Graves in
> Silver on the Tree, then?

I would assume that she read it at some point. One does, you know, even if
one isn't interested in paganism. I can quote the Christian bible and
often do when I find it amusing (like the story of how Rachel stole her
father's household gods and kept him from getting them back...)

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"Our whole American way of life is a great war of ideas, and librarians
are the arms dealers selling weapons to both sides." --James Quinn