Hello?

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Mon Oct 20 07:26:06 EDT 2003

On Monday 20 October 2003 05:45, Emma Comerford wrote:

> What we need is a controversial review of a DWJ book to get
> discussions started again :)

I don't know of any, and I don't read Bujold either (tried, then tried
some more, finally admitted to myself that I didn't like it even if
everyone else seems to) so I'll throw something else in the ring:

I've just been rereading Diane Duane's _Stealing the Elf-King's Roses_
and it struck me that it's essentially the same story as _The Merlin
Conspiracy_: imbalance in the worlds perceived, dealt with and finally
solved by unlikely people who are caught up in it. With the major
reshuffling at the end, too.

I can't write a long, reasoned and interesting essay about it, but has
anyone else read both? Any opinions?

   Irina

http://www.valdyas.org/~irina/foundobjects/          Latest: 11-May-2003