Memory and Cooper

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Fri Oct 10 17:03:13 EDT 2003

On Friday 10 October 2003 22:52, Kyra Jucovy wrote:

> When I first read in the Writer's Autobiography series that Susan
> Cooper was an atheist, at first I was really surprised.  But then it
> occurred to me that the Light really was not being portrayed as the
> absolutely good side, as much as Cooper tells us that this is the
> case and as much as I totally went along with that view when I first
> read the series when I was nine.

I didn't start reading the series until I was nineteen, but I totally
went along with that view as well.

If she'd really wanted to make it clear that the Light was not
absolutely good, she shouldn't have portrayed the Dark as unallayed
evil.

   Irina

http://www.valdyas.org/~irina/foundobjects/          Latest: 11-May-2003