Writers conferences and the like

Robyn Starkey rohina at shaw.ca
Wed Oct 1 23:38:22 EDT 2003

>I do one called "Ideas Factory" Robyn... wonder if they're alike?

If you ever read that book by Kate Grenville, then probably. I use a lot of
similar writing tasks at the moment with my advanced stylistics class. I
have a bunch of final year PR students who can write quite well when boxed
in by a particular set of rules, so pushing them out of the box is one of
my main tasks with this subject. It stops them getting uppity when I say
"300 words, any subject, not allowed to use the letter e".

Robyn