Writers conferences and the like

Sally Odgers sodgers at tassie.net.au
Wed Oct 1 20:42:12 EDT 2003

Bricks and Mortar, Melissa.
You wouldn't *believe* how many writers who send me manuscripts for
assessment ( Affordable Assessments explains what I do ) don't know how to
write a proper sentence. I mean that, literally. Trying to write a book
without bricks and mortar knowledge is like trying to build a house without
plans or bricklaying experience. You might have seen a house, but could you
build one from scratch? (OK, maybe you could... some people do. But most
wouldn't know where to start.)

Genre Givens is another.

Characterisation.

Plotting.