Writers conferences and the like

Robyn Starkey rohina at shaw.ca
Wed Oct 1 18:58:13 EDT 2003

>I'm pulling together some sessions for a local writers conference and I need
>some session ideas.  Basically I am going to post an open request for
>presenters, but want to include concrete session titles and ideas.  Any of
>you writers have favorite subjects you like to hear about, or think are
>useful to beginning writers?

I used to teach a creative writing workshop in summer that had as its focus
exercises for idea generation - that is, things to do to help you get the
first words on the page. It was always a very popular workshop, because
people left with a bunch of little beginnings of things they could then
work on and develop. A session on starters might be fruitful.

Robyn