slightly Ot: fairy tales

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Wed Oct 1 18:22:31 EDT 2003

Amanda wrote

>Catherine Storr is probably better known
>for Marianne Dreams, a truly amazing book which still gives me goose bumps.

Isn't it though.  I'm nothing like so gone on the sequel, *Marianne and
Mark*, in fact it's Not Memorable, but *Marianne Dreams* is definitely one
of the books I would hang onto if I had to reduce the collection to fit
into a single cabin-trunk to emigrate with.

There was a radio adaptation a while back, with the most terrifying sound
effects of the wind in the grass and the voices of the stones.

Minnow