slightly Ot: fairy tales

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Wed Oct 1 15:53:38 EDT 2003

JOdel said...

> > There are at least two versions of 'Tam Lin' written for younger readers
> > -picture books by Susan Cooper and Jane Yolen, both called *Tam Lin*. If
only
> > you could find one more...
> >
> The Perilous Gard: Elizabeth Marie Pope. Target age about 10. Very good
> retelling, even if there are changes (i.e., no pregnancy).

Or - if you can track down copies - Patrick Little's "The Hawthorn Tree" and
Catherine Storr's "Thursday".  I'm not certain about the latter, but the
former was in the kids' section of my local library when I was a kid, and
strikes me (besides being an excellently good book) as being aimed at the
10-12 age group.  The only problem is that I suspect both may be out of
print.

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray
israfel at eircom.net

"[My rule] for keeping my temper in order, is never to leave it too long
with another person."
- Horace Walpole